If you are in need of professional consultation for environmental needs, industrial hygiene or risk management, Certified Environmental Services is the ideal solution for you. Our consultants are available to help you design the systems needed to meet environmental standards and control toxic dust and fumes. Our consultations also offer agency negotiation and legal case preparation, strategy development, air sampling, exposure assessment and clean-up analysis.
Certified Environmental Services has assisted managed projects from site assessments to demolitions. We offer a wide range of solutions for any specialized industrial need.
Our President, Bob DiNardo, has been involved in the environmental, health and safety profession for over thirty years, and considers his work a lifelong learning experience. He is a Licensed Professional Engineer, a Certified Industrial Hygienist and a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager. He has had the opportunity to work for some of the most recognizable clients in the Fortune 500 to clients that are homeowners dealing with mold or air quality issues.
Bob continues to update his skills and knowledge of regulatory and technological changes. He also recognizes the value of community service and, in addition to nearly 20 years as a member of the Toledo Rotary, he serves on the University of Toledo Biosafety Committee and the Board of the Safety Council of Northwest Ohio. He lives in Toledo with his wife Joann and has four daughters.
Bob holds a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies degree from Bowling Green State University (1976) and a Masters of Engineering Science degree from the University of Toledo (1984).
Robert DiNardo, PE, CIH, CHMM
Provides environmental, industrial hygiene and risk management consultation and expert legal testimony. Consultations include case preparation and strategy development, air sampling, exposure assessments, petroleum and hazardous materials site clean-ups and noise abatement projects. Designs industrial ventilation systems to control toxic dust and fumes and develops and implements hazard communication, spill control and risk management programs for varied industries across the United States. Capabilities include writing technical specifications, complete project and risk management services, site assessments, remediation, writing and implementing lead, cadmium, Lockout/Tagout, Hazcom and respirator programs, site closures, indoor air quality and mold investigations, data analysis and comprehensive written project reports. Other areas of expertise include stack emissions sampling and all types of environmental permitting and training. Some major projects include complete industrial hygiene and refractory waste disposition programs for furnace demolitions; Process Safety, Risk Management, Best Management Practices and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans; contaminated site investigations and cleanup; underground storage tank removals and remediation, periodic facility compliance and sampling assessments and specialized training.
• Professional Ethics
• Heat Stress
• Mold, Moisture & Remediation
• Technical Writing
• Practical Noise Control Engineering
• Evaluating Hazardous Waste Contractors
• Communications and Consulting Skills
• Contractor/Supervisor Asbestos Abatement
• Civil Rights Conservation, Secretary
• Hazardous Materials Spills
• Electrical Safety
• Confined Space
• Safety and Supervision
• Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Review
• Underground Storage Tank Certification
• 40 Hour Hazwoper
• Arc Flash
University of Toledo
Bowling Green State University
B.S. Environmental Studies
Activities & Affiliations
• American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
• American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH)
• American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH)
• Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (ACHMM)
• Safety Council of Northwest Ohio, Board Member
• Source Evaluation Society
• Toledo Pollution Control Appeals Board
• Toledo Rotary, MESA Board Member
• University of Toledo Biosafety Committee
Licenses & Certifications
• Registered Professional Engineer (Michigan, No. 33572)
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (No. 4628)
• Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (No. 668)
• Class II Water Plant Operator (Ohio, No. 2-84-21)*
• Asbestos Abatement Specialist (Ohio, No. 21985)*
• Underground Storage Tank Installer (Ohio #10-90-1382; Indiana # 99-OH-525315)*
* Not currently active